Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pinot Anyone?

Tonight I went to a wine tasting event with my friend Lisa. Master Sommelier Roberto Viernes gave us a quick educational session about Pinot Noir before dinner. From this event, I learned a new acronym on how to characterize wine, "F.E.W." which stands for fruit, earth, and wood. Who knew that from one whiff of wine you could characterize the wine using these three descriptions? For instance, I did not know that wine could smell like dark cherries, plums, strawberries, cranberries, or a combination of these fruits. When I was smelling the wine tonight, I kept thinking about that one scene in the movie "Sideways" where Miles smells the wine and starts describing all the smells of the wine and then his soon-to-be married buddy Jack takes one whiff and had this expression of "how in the world did you get all that from smelling the wine?" It was hilarious. Anyway, I felt like Jack tonight when Master Sommelier Viernes had us smell the wine and describe it... I was like, "uh... it smells like grapes." haha. Anyway, my favorite wine of the night was the 2005 Le Cep Pinot Noir from the Sonoma Coast. Anyone that knows me knows I am a Riesling drinker... so surprisingly I enjoyed this wine... I think it was because it had a light body with few tannins.

After the wine event, I met up with Chad, his girlfriend Karly and their friends at Kincaids. I went drinking with Chad the night before so I wanted to take it pretty easy tonight. At Kincaids I had my first Lavender Cosmo. It was pretty good. My friend Chad got drunk as usual. Lucky for him he doesn't have to work until 1 p.m. tomorrow.

So now I have to work on a paper and presentation that is due tomorrow. I am taking this Best Healthcare Outcomes course and for our final project we needed to study an organization's process improvement project. My partner and I chose Pitocin induction and its correlation to reducing chorio infection rates in laboring women... fun stuff as you can imagine. Anyway, I can't wait for this semester to be over... this will be a long night...

2 comments:

misterpyro said...

今日はpinot lovers! i love pinot too!

myblogson said...

you and misterpyro love pinot... i love badunkadunk and badoinkidoink!