Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Brothers Cazimero Concert


Tonight I went to the 30th Annual May Day Concert with the Brothers Cazimero at the Waikiki Shell. I went with my friend Lisa and her friends. The last concert I went to on the lawn at the Shell was the Birthday Bash during undergrad. I remember having a blast at those concerts! It is a much different experience now 10 years later and sober. I will actually remember the concert itself for once. haha.


Anyway, because it was May Day today, a lot of people were wearing leis. The smell of the various scents of leis reminded me of graduation. In sticking with the Hawaiian theme, Lisa's friend James brought Hawaiian food, which consisted of kalua pig, lau lau, lomi salmon, poi, chicken long rice, and haupia. Some other friends brought poke, sushi, and fruits. The food was ono. Shortly after we ate Hawaiian food, Lisa and I decided we were still hungry, so we ended up buying nachos, stew, chili and M&M's.



The concert was great, it was a full moon and besides the brief rain shower the weather was great, breezy and cool. I enjoyed the entertainment as well, the music was good and I enjoyed watching the hula dancers, most of which were winners from this past Merrie Monarch. I have to admit that watching them dance made me want to start dancing hula again. (I danced hula for 8 years.) Even Don Ho's wife, Haumea Ho came on stage to dance a song written by Don Ho. I think everyone there will agree that it was a concert we will remember for a very long time. Thanks Lisa!

No comments: