Tuesday, May 8, 2007

SD part 2





Just got back from SD and it is great to be home. I was actually ready to leave once Isaac, Yasuko and Donn left, but I had to stay up a few more days for work. It was good though, I got to meet up with my friend Mia in Dana Point, which is in Orange County. Mia and I ate at Salt Creek Grill, which is right off of the Pacific Coast Highway. Mia had the grilled chicken penne and I had the stuffed Alaskan halibut. We also had the chocolate soufflĂ©, which is similar to the one at Roy’s... my favorite. Yummy. We got to catch up over some glasses of wine and a great meal. We had a really good time.



Before I met up with Mia I went shopping in Carlsbad and went to the Carlsbad flower fields. Shopping was ok (I was all shopped out after Ikea and TJ's) but the flower garden was cool. The various colors of the flowers were really pretty and it reminded me of the tulip fields in Washington. After that I drove up to Laguna Beach while I waited to meet Mia for dinner. The beach looked like a mix between Alki beach (a beach in WA) and a Hawaiian beach - the sand had a brown/gray color like Alki, but the ocean/surf was similar to a beach in Hawaii... but it was nice nonetheless, especially at sunset.


On Monday I returned to Ikea and TJ's with my co-worker. I ended up buying more things, including this ceramic plate set that Isaac had successfully convinced me not to buy the day prior because 1) I had bought too much already and 2) it was heavy and fragile making it difficult to take back. However, because I was there again, I foolishly reasoned that I was destined to buy the plates... so I did, and then some... I also bought matching cereamic mugs. blah. Anyway, I had this grand plan that I would carefully hand-carry the plate set on the plane. The plan actually worked from the hotel to the rental car place... that was until the driver at Enterprise carelessly tried to load my bags on the mini-bus and DROPPED THEM. (instead of grabbing the handles on the bag like a normal person, he grabbed the bag by the hook that connected to my luggage.) Yeah, so now my plate set of 6 is now reduced to a set of 4. But I guess I can't complain all that much since Enterprise is going to reimburse me for the entire set... free plates.

So now I am home... going to unpack my things, wash some clothes, and go for a run... I ate too much in SD. Good to be home!

No comments: